Friday, September 10, 2021

Deadliest Roads | Afghanistan | Free Documentary

23

 “I’ll give you a goat and a sheep. You give me 10 kg flour.”  Marco Polo took the Wakhan corridor in the 13th century. Except for the two truck drivers who make regular trips in and out of this corridor, I don’t think much has changed since the 13th century and bartering is still the way to shop.  The Wakhan Passage/Corridor is a passage to a place where time has stood still. I think you can only understand what that means riding on the back of a yak or donkey surrounded by 5000 meter high mountains. No taliban, no US soldiers, no Russian soldiers ever made it here. Thank god. The women are free to speak their minds, young girls can learn. There’s no electricity but it’s more modern than many other places in the world.  “Even though it’s cold, I am still happy because I’m with my parents” A young girl on the back of a yak, wrapped in a crimson scarf, blindingly colorful against the stark white snow covering the mountains, clinging to her mother as they make their way to Sarhadd, at the end of the the Wakhan passage.  “If they owe me something, they will always pay me back. Even if it’s in ten years. These are good honorable people.” The most dangerous roads The most beautiful places  Enjoy! Have a lovely Sunday. Have a coffee ☕️ (or whatever you prefer) turn off the faucet 🐳 when you wash your hands. It saves water 💦 and you'll remember the people who have to get water from a well. Heck, some don’t even have a well. Remember that. Be gentle with what you’ve got.

Shir Bahadar

 I lived 23 years of my life in my sweet Afghanistan. Been in USA for the last 5 years and own a trucking company here. It reminded me of the hardships of my childhood. I have to admit I was much happier back then than I am now. Although Taliban is a problem, the real problem is the ignorance. I love my people. I am wondering everyday what I can do for my people that will help their lives.  
Thanks for the documentary.
 anosh yusuf

No comments:

Post a Comment